From Wikipedia, the không tính phí encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: croptop là gì
A crop top (also half shirt, midriff top or cutoff shirt) is a top that exposes the waist, navel, or abdomen.
The early history of the crop top intersects with cultural views towards the midriff, starting with the performance of Little Egypt at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Although the crop top first gained prominence in the fashion industry during the 1930s and 1940s—the latter in particular due lớn fabric rationing in World War II—it was largely confined lớn swimwear at the time. It was not until the sexual revolution of the late 1960s and early 1970s that it achieved widespread acceptance, worn by celebrities such as Barbara Eden (star of NBC's I Dream of Jeannie) and Jane Birkin. A variant style, the tied-up top or knotted shirt, also appeared in 1940s fashion and spread in popularity during the 1960s.
In the 1980s, cut-off crop tops became more common as part of the aerobics craze and as a result of the popularity of the movie Flashdance. Singer Madonna wore a mesh crop top in her music đoạn phim for the tuy nhiên "Lucky Star". In the 2010s, the crop top experienced a revival due lớn the popularity of 1990s fashion and they still remain popular in the 2020s.
Woman wearing a white crop top.
PRISTIN Eunwoo wearing a crop top.
Xem thêm: diệp vấn 4
Woman in tied shirt.
Crop tops have been worn by men since the 1970s. The early Rocky films have Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers wearing crop tops while working out.
The protective gear of American football with no shirt resembles a crop top. Eventually cropped jerseys became available which carried over lớn several 1980s broadcasts. Men also started lớn wear crop tops regardless of sport. Acceptance for men wearing no shirt could be seen lớn eliminate the need for a crop top. Various crop tops have been worn by rappers as well as American football athletes. However, in năm ngoái the National Collegiate Athletic Association increased restrictions on men wearing crop tops, which also includes rolling up longer jerseys, giving no reason for the change.
Since the mid-2010s, the male crop top has seen a major resurgence in popularity, including prominent celebrity figures such as football player Ezekiel Elliott, rapper Kid Cudi, rock star Josh Kiszka, and actors Matthew McConaughey and Zac Efron.
A man wearing an improvised crop top
A man wearing a cropped vest
Xem thêm: cuộc chiến giữa người và thần
- Dudou and Yếm, East Asian tops that sometimes function as croptops
- Low-rise pants
- ^ crop top. MSN Encarta. Archived from the original on 26 March 2011. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- ^ a b c d Bucci, Jessica (7 November 2015). "Fashion Archives: A Look at the History of the Crop Top". Startup Fashion.
- ^ a b Mitchell, Claudia; Reid-Walsh, Jacqueline, eds. (2007). Girl Culture: An Encyclopedia. Greenwood Press. p. 434. ISBN 9780313084447.
- ^ "Woman on right wears Black crop top and shorts while holding a striped skirt. Wedges shoes. May 1946 P017636". Getty Images. May 1946.
- ^ "Crop Tops Through the Ages". LE3NO. 25 June năm trước.
- ^ "This is what women used lớn wear in the 1940s and it was pretty damn stylish". Marie Claire. 6 January 2021.
- ^ Mok, Jennifer (23 October 2013). "History of the Crop Top". Her Campus.
- ^ Miller, Randy (15 April 2014). "Great Moments in Crop Top History: I Dream of Jeanie". Popsugar. Archived from the original on 7 October 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- ^ "French singer, actor and director Serge Gainsbourg (1928 - 1991) photographs English actress Jane Birkin at the Cannes Film Festival, 19th May 1969". Getty Images. 19 May 1969.
- ^ "White shirt campaign". Cash & Rocket. 7 April năm 2016. Archived from the original on 7 October 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- ^ "1940s Blouses, Shirts, Knit Tops Styles – Fashion History". Vintage Dancer. trăng tròn February năm trước.
- ^ Shire, Emily (15 June 2015). "Do You Dare lớn Bare in a Crop Top?". The Daily Beast.
- ^ Zephyr (8 June 2009). "Would You Wear… a Crop Top?". College Fashion. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- ^ Shih, Candice (7 January 2010). "Crop tops are back?". Lovelyish. Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- ^ Shih, Candice (7 January 2010). "Crop tops are back?". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- ^ Payne, Marissa (29 August 2015). "Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott wants lớn trademark 'hero in a half-shirt'". Washington Post. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- ^ Zarley, B. David (7 November 2014). "Crop Tops In Football: An Investigation". VICE Sports. Archived from the original on 11 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- ^ Van Buskirk, Emily (19 August 2015). "The NCAA Bans Belly Buttons, Prompting Players To Cry Foul". The Sports Fan Journal.
- ^ Greif, Andrew (9 March 2015). "So long, college football 'crop-tops': NCAA bans jerseys with too little and facemasks with too much in năm ngoái rules changes". sportsmanias.com. The Oregonian. Archived from the original on 17 November năm ngoái.
- ^ "Crop-Top Jerseys Banned". College Spots Business News. 11 March năm ngoái. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- ^ Watkins, Jasmine (8 March 2015). "NCAA bans football players from wearing rolled-up jerseys". SportingNews. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- ^ Stone, Avery (2 April 2015). "Ezekiel Elliott says NCAA rule banning crop tops is 'silly'". USA Today.
- ^ "NCAA bans players from showing abs in games". SI.com. SI Wire. 9 March năm ngoái.
- ^ Johnson, Greg (6 March 2015). "Proposed ineligible downfield rule tabled by PROP". NCAA.
- ^ Ward, Austin (2 April 2015). "Ezekiel Elliott scoffs at jersey rule". ESPN.
- ^ Watson, Graham (9 March 2015). "NCAA rule bans players from wearing cropped jerseys in games". Yahoo Sports.
- ^ Erby, Glenn (8 March 2015). "NCAA Bans Ezekiel Elliott Style Tucked Under Jerseys". Black Sports Online.
- ^ Ktena, Natalie (28 August 2018). "We talked lớn a 'crop top historian' about the comeback of the male crop top". BBC. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- ^ Conroy, Juan. "Ezekiel Elliot Crop Top - Not Just For the Field". footballcroptop.com. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- ^ Sharkey, Linda (20 August 2014). "Men in crop tops seem lớn be trending thanks lớn Kid Cudi, the social truyền thông media and the catwalk". The Independent. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- ^ Rodulfo, Kristina (29 April 2016). "A Tribute lớn Men in Crop Tops". Elle. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- Media related lớn Crop tops at Wikimedia Commons